Peripheral Processor ICs....
Media Flash Drive
Logic Capture Module
RC Servo Controller
1.2-5V Power Supply
Alpha Serial LCD
Point LED Star
LED Large Signage
MRP Online Software
RS232 Smart Media Drive Module
Use a single I/O pin of a TICkit
processor or Parallax STAMP to interface to this module. Instantly open
up 64 or 128 megabytes of non-volatile storage to your applications.
Commands and data transfer takes place over a single signal wire
using Protean's modified RS232 called "mono-wire".
Data transfer takes place at 9600 baud, N81, inverted and is gated
by the host processor to allow even slower interpreters to take
advantage of the huge storage capability of Smart Media.
- Utilizes 3.3v Smart Media in sizes of 16Meg to
- Requires only one processor pin for bi-directional
- Fbasic Source code is supplied to allow the user
to customize the interface or take advantage of
additional on-board resources.
- Drives are formatted like streaming tape drives
allowing multiple named streams. DOS format is NOT
supported at this time.
- 128Kbyte Dram on board for buffering.
- power and data can be supplied through a single 10
pin header connector
- 2 channel A/D and D/A hardware on board for a
potential implementation of audio recording and
- All timing issues are handled internally. Commands
are send and forget type.
- Smart Media Drives
Smart Media Drive
SMD232A is an RS232 serially controlled drive for
Smart Media type Flash disks. The SMB232A allows a
host processor to read and write to Smart Media. A
single disk can store up to 256Mbytes providing for
huge data storage. This product is based on the TICkit
84 device and can be modified for more advanced
Acrobat Data sheet